Finally Some Warmer Weather, Birthday and Valentine’s Day

I noticed in the Findlay Courier a couple of days ago that Monday the 14th (if I remember correctly) had been the 2nd warmest day of 2011 so far. The warmest day had been on January 1 with, I think, 57 degrees. Unfortunately we were in Colorado on January 1 and the thermometer on the deck of the cabin where we were staying did not reach 0 degrees that day! The warmer weather feels great and it is good to actually see patches of lawn that have been covered with snow since January 6.


I actually got my bicycle out on Sunday afternoon. I only got in 7 miles as it was quite windy. It did feel good as I don’t think I had ridden since September. It is always easy for me to convince myself that I am too busy to ride and get the exercise that I need. Don’t hesitate to ask me how I am doing with my exercise and bike riding.

I am reminded of I Corinthians 6:19 which says: Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? I need to take care of my physical body as I take care of my spiritual life. I know they are very much intertwined. But even though I know this in my head, it is difficult for me to make the life changes that would respect my physical body as the temple of the Holy Spirit that it is.

I was born on Saturday, February 14, 1953 in Sentinel, Oklahoma. Yes, that would make me 58 years old! A new hospital was being built in Cordell, Oklahoma at that time so my parents needed to drive to the nearest town with a hospital when that time came. Yes, I was a Valentine’s birthday and would often get a heart shaped birthday cake. Recently I have requested that my birthday “cake” be a cherry pie which Dianne bakes for me every year. (Fortunately, I waited until Saturday the 14th to be born as I could have easily been born on Friday the 13th!)


As my body seems to be creaking a little more each day, it is sometimes easy to fall in a negative mode instead of seeing each day as a wonderful gift that God has given us. Every day is indeed a gift from God that needs to be enthusiastically unwrapped to find what is awaiting us. God shows us each day his love for us but often we miss it. I want to look expectantly each day for the love that God wants to share with me and pass it on to others. May you be encouraged to do the same. More next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment