A Diverse Week

This last week had a lot of diverse interesting events.

On Friday, January 14, we attended the Toledo Symphony Concert in the Toledo Art Museum Peristal. I great concert with a very animated, enthusiastic female conductor that was fun to watch.

After the worship service on Sunday morning, I got in the car to drive the 500 miles to Harrisonburg, Virginia for the School of Leadership Training for pastors at Eastern Mennonite Seminary. An inspirational speaker gave a new slant on the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives and in the life of the church. The congregational singing and worship is always a highlight of events like this.

I normally attend pastor’s week at Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary in Elkhart, Indiana but decided to go East this year since my daughter is a student at Eastern Mennonite University and this would allow me to spend some time with her while at the Pastors week there. We had all our meals together at the “caf” and a number of unique restaurants in Harrisonburg. My last night there, we cheered on the nationally ranked (14th in NCAA Division III) EMU Royals basketball team to a victory over rival Bridgewater College. It was a very entertaining game and fun to be with Julia and her friends.

My return trip to Pandora was fairly slow going because of snow falling (sometimes quite heavily) for about the last 200 miles. I saw three accidents but managed to keep from sliding in the ditch or tangling with other vehicles.

Last night was the Bluffton Arts series with the Burning River Brass ensemble. Again more culture! It was a great concert as I love brass music of all kinds. They were very talented.

It has been a great week with lots of wonderful memories. I hope to reflect on these a little more in my next week’s blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment